OUR TEAM IS HERE TO SERVE YOU!
The powerhouse Avenue Founder Melissa Sofia and team bring their high level Camp Pendleton VA Education Program off base! Veterans Deven Ortiz, realtor at The Avenue Home Collective and Chris Catania, lender at Guaranteed Rate, teach active duty service members about financial literacy, VA home ownership, and the secrets to building generational wealth through real estate by maximizing their US Military benefits. Learn our secret hacks on fixing credit, how to get your closing cost paid for, and how to get the most out of your service!
About Homeownership for Heroes:
– We have educated over 3,000 service members this year & served over 200 families.
– Over 50% of veterans do not utilize their benefits and we believe that it is directly attributed to the lack of information provided during their years in service.
– Homeownership for heroes has helped their buyers receive over $250,000 towards buyer’s closing costs, directly from the sellers.
– We improve buyers’ results by unlocking the complex VA guidelines and leveraging this military benefit in numerous ways, which include seller credits to pay off a buyer’s personal debts. We can help VA buyers improve their debt to income ratio to qualify for higher priced homes for a lower monthly payment and alleviate financial stress.
– One buyer family we are helping, like many active military families, has lived on base for the past 6 years. That means they have received over $237,600 in housing allowance and paid every dollar towards military housing rent. If they had used that to pay for their own property using their VA loan, this property would have increased $250,000-$500,000 in value over the past few years.
– Less than 25% of active duty service members utilize their VA loan entitlement because most don’t know that they possess VA entitlement 90 days after beginning active duty.
– Deven Ortiz purchased his first property without utilizing the VA loan entitlement because he did not know he possessed it. His service, real estate agent, and lender, never made him aware throughout the home buying process so he purchased his home with a civilian loan product.
Melissa and Deven have partnered with Chris Catania, a mortgage lender from Guaranteed Rate, to bring VA Loan education and service to our military members both active duty and veterans.